Saturday, March 8, 2008

snow....peas?

no, not the yummy kind in chinese food and salads.....actually, they were green peas (by organic gerber) and look at that intense stare!!

finally, bauer got his first taste of food, (other than "mommy" milk and rice cereal) and he LOVED it! vivian would only ever eat half a little container. he ate the whole thing and wanted more!

i love the look on his face..."what you looking at?" he says.

well, as most everyone knows by now...what we were looking at the next day, was SNOW! unbelievable...even now, as i look at it in my front yard. arkansas weather is always strange but i swear to you last friday we went to the park in short sleeves and no socks, and this friday vivian was building "snow" castles (that's what she calls them)!

so here we are, all bundled up for bauer's first snow. he didn't seem to mind it a bit.

look how excited big sister vivian is about finally getting to play in that snow! :)

she couldn't even hold still for a picture with her daddy...

she did hold still long enough for daddy to teach her how to make snowballs (and yes, those are plastic bags over her hands. a little trick that my mother use to pull on us as children. it looks ridiculous, but your hands are dry and therefore, not cold.)

look at that kid in action! she thought it was hilarious that daddy threw them at the house...but even more funny to throw them at mommy and bauer!!

we had a great day (see the streets were clear, cathy) and it was lots of fun. now, snow....go away!! i'm an arkansan, two days meets my quota for the year!

6 comments:

CathyBB said...

Tee hee! Good title.

I love the peas pictures... but I think Bauer's saying "Do you KNOW how GOOD these are? WHY didn't I have these before?" What a good kid!

Congratulations on your snow... the whole inch of it! ;) I can't believe we had the same winter weather for a day!!! What are the odds???

Really though, I'm glad Vivian enjoyed it. It IS pretty... but only up to the quota! I'm so ready for spring!

CathyBB said...

Yes, it's me again. Forgot to mention I love Bauer's little feet with the bears on them. =)

And I so wish I'd had a Bumbo (you know, back in the Dark Ages of '00-'04 when my kids were born)! I am fascinated by those things.

Amy, David, Caroline, Corbin and Cohen said...

I love Bauer's face, I bet it will be so much fun introducing all kinds of new foods to him soon. I will have to remember the plastic bags, what a great idea. Looks like the whole family enjoyed the snow day!!!

Susan said...

Is he wearing white!? If that was Setler, there'd be stains galore after eatting peas! Cute pics. We had fun in the snow too! Wish ya'll had been "snowed in" with us at Gege and Papaw's Friday. Do you feed only organic?

Megan said...

Pretty pics. I am glad Clif was home to enjoy the snow with yall.

jenny said...

if you want more snow, you are always welcome to visit me in boston. i'll teach your kids the fun of shoveling! ;-)

seriously, though, that close-up of bauer is totally adorable, and vivian is so cute and funny, she cracks me up. i'm so happy that you all got to enjoy a lovely snow day together. xoxo...