Thursday, July 10, 2008

i concede...


well, a little!! ;) after talking to great mawmaw day tonight i decided to get on the ball and make a few new posts. i have been saving this one for a while. these are two of my favorite pictures of clif and vivian (he is a bit older than her) but proof positive that those griffin genes are tough to beat! (AND that they make really, REALLY pretty kiddos.)

BUT...every once in a while some other genes creep in too....hence little mr. bauer! this is my 11 month picture, and bauer is about ten and a half months. even our ears are the same! thank goodness i had a little more hair (mother always told me i was bald, but this proves it.) and who is who in these matching yellow suits? ;)

so there it is...PROOF that a child actually belongs to me...joan said it best, "it just isn't fair when a mother carries a baby for 40 weeks and it doesn't look ANYthing like her (of course she was referring to susan, but i figure it's applicable!)."

5 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, I cherish when a stranger in Walmart or a restaurant says, "He looks just like you." Of course, Seth is not there. When he is, it's more like, "Well, didn't your Daddy just spit you out?!" Sigh...maybe the next one...

jenny said...

haha! these pictures are great! i do have to agree that vivian does take a bit after clif and bauer takes after you more. i think there are great genes from both the sides of the family, so everyone wins! :-) xoxo

The Buttrey Family said...

The resemblances are amazing! All 3 of mine look like I had nothing to do with it....just like their daddy...what is that all about? Great pictures!

CathyBB said...

Ummm, I think coming from your side of the family I'm supposed to deny that Vivian looks like Clif. Yeah, well, I'm afraid I don't think I can do that. =) She does have a bit of you in the eyes, though! So cling to that! =) And I swear I still see a familiar "Somer" expression or mannerism every now and then.

Now as for Bauer... tee hee... I'd like to go on record as saying I saw this one allll along. ;)

Christy said...

The Smith genes are strong in this one! I think if we squooshed Nicholas and Joel together, we'd get Bauer. I'll bet if Cathy sees this she'll try and do it. =)

And I remember those pictures of you Somer! How we LOVED to get pictures of our Arkansas cousins!!!

And I agree with Cathy, there is some of you in Vivian's eyes.

Trust me, I know what it is like to have children look like their father. Everyone says our kids look like him. Good thing he's a hunk!