Saturday, January 24, 2009

clutzo update part TWO...

focal bone contusion on the posterior lateral humeral head....aka bruise on bone....aka NO BIGGIE! (although i beg to differ on the pain front.) so that's it. we will see what the next step is, but the good news is it isn't surgery!! thanks for all the prayers.

for those of you that have asked. i am FINE!! for those of you that don't know...i had a teeny tiny (ok, a great big, hilarious-if-it-didn't-hurt-so-bad) fall down the stairs. other than a nasty black and blue (with bits of weird green) bruise on my left hip, and a sore shoulder i thought i was good. i mean, i'm not 16 anymore so i was gonna be sore a few days, right?! welllllll.....a few days turned my booboo into something a bit more (realizing i can't bear the weight of the baby, or even my own arm) and loooong story short the doc thinks i have torn cartilage in the shoulder (known as a labral tear). DON'T FREAK (cathy). on monday (hopefully) i will have an mri and find out what kind of tear i have....and if it requires surgery. (doc thinks is will...but really what does he know?) ok, so that's it. clif is here (he came in early) and as soon as i know more i'll post...hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!

13 comments:

CathyBB said...

Uh yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and freak anyway.

Seriously I hope it will be okay! Keep us posted on that MRI!!!!!

jenny said...

Oh no! I hope you're okay! Please keep us updated if you can! I'll try to give you a ringie tomorrow, if that's ok!

xoxo

Stacia said...

Oh my! Feel better soon!

Jill said...

Bless your heart...there is no graceful way to fall down the stairs...I hope you won't have to have surgery!!! YIKES!

Jill said...

Bless your heart...there is no graceful way to fall down the stairs...I hope you won't have to have surgery!!! YIKES!

Unknown said...

You'll have to make up a really good story about "you should see the other guy". Sorry, girl. And I do suck for never being near the phone! Love you, Cyn

Christy said...

This is so incredibly funny:

DON'T FREAK (cathy).

'Cause there can be only one Cathy you're referring to... =) And thats why we all love her.

The rest isn't funny at all - I hope that all went yesterday!

stephanie-renea said...

I hope you're okay! Take care of yourself!

fisherman said...

Hey Somer did Cliff give you a push hahaha. You will be in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Only you could really fall and hurt your funny bone....Praying for a swift recovery and no surgery!!

CathyBB said...

Hey there just wanted to let you know Christy called me at work last night to share the good news so WHEW. Looks like the 'pray for no surgery' plan worked really well. Now if we could all get to work on the pain part, right? You tell me if we need to call in the pink nuns! =)

Cilla Clark said...

Hope you feel better soon. We miss y'all. Take care!

Susan said...

Glad it's not as serious. Good think you weren't carrying one of the children when the spill happened, huh?!

I've had an annoying pain in my shoulder for about 2 months now. It's only when I lift it at a certain angle. I know I should probably have it checked out, but NAHHHh! It'll go away on it's own, right? I mean, I'm only 28! ;P