Friday, June 11, 2010

a family discovery


since gege and pawpaw are here for the twins birth...we were able to spend a little time with them yesterday afternoon, and they even brought setler along!!

i even managed to pose the stair stepped cousins. (caprisun bribery works EVERY time!)

and got the sweetest picture of pawpaw and his girl, frances.

and speaking of visitors, aunt shannon was in town this week and got to hold her newest niece for the first time.

jackson and vivian had fun sliding down the stairs (bauer was napping).

AND possibly most importantly, i made a very important discovery. frances (from birth) has had the most amazing LOOONG fingers and toes. this is so very fascinating to me because i very clearly remember my mother (even when i was an adult) holding my hand and saying how "stubby" my fingers were (she was VERY accurate, btw). so imagine my surprise today, as i was taking pictures of my sister, to discover that her fingers are LOOONG, just like our mother's and frances'. i guess those smith genes really ARE hanging on, eh cathy?! ;)

2 comments:

CathyBB said...

Too many thoughts! Too many thoughts! =)

- More posts already?!?!?! Yippee!
- Eleven years I've been trying to pose cousins and never thought of Capri Sun. DOH!
- Shannon, when did Jackson skip two years and get so grown up???
- I'm so glad Vivian's dress still fits! Nattie's does, too!
- What lovely, lovely fingers! =) It makes me think of Grandma Nora, too!

Su said...

Love the stair-stepped cousins pic. I'm stealing it.