Friday, March 16, 2007

a baby's baby bed


so this is one of my ten projects i have been working on lately. this is actually the baby doll's bed that my mother gave to me when shannon was born. she had the doctor wrap up a baby and give it to me, so that she and i both could take care of our babies. she did tell me once, that my baby often had dirty diapers, and i wanted her to change her baby when i changed mine. as most of you know diapers aren't cheap, and so this became an expensive problem! ;) one i am sure that she loved telling others about...
the really neat thing about this bed is that she made EVERYTHING. the fitted sheet, the bumpers, the pillow, two blankets and a flat sheet...all to match my bedding. everything is still in great condition thanks to her amazing foresight....the only thing i replaced were the ties (they were plain white). i also decided the bed could use a new coat of green paint, but i was careful to preserve the neat little puppies that decorated the ends. i know they have seen better days, but i just couldn't paint over them. i haven't revealed it to vivian yet...that picture soon to come!!! stayed tuned...

1 comments:

Megan said...

So cute. This is something my mom would do. Too bad I haven't learned to sew yet. Could you teach me?