Saturday, August 18, 2007

ode to young skinny somer


so in the true spirit of this post...i must embarrass myself as well as clif...here i am in my "beauty pageant" days. i must go on record as saying my parents NEVER forced me to participate (contrary to my expression in this photo) i BEGGED my mother to let me compete and after one year, i was finished with it....the next year i played softball! :)

here are "the girls" and i at asms graduation. jenny, addie, me, cyn and amy. i remember addie specifically telling me i was too skinny then....maybe she had a point.

this is my FAVORITE college photo...monday was just a few years old and i....well i was about twenty-one.

ohhhh....the party girl single days with the "other summer". she lives in new york now and is a publicist for penguin books. (also on a side note, i remember my father asking me to wear a sweater with this dress....now i see why!)

4 comments:

CathyBB said...

=D Ahhh yes, the "Pageant Somer" is the Somer I remember visiting sooo many years ago. =) And I swear just looking at that photo makes me think I can smell a Strawberry Shortcake doll!

And the graduation photo - is it just me or could you have been a double for Britney Spears during the Mouseketeers days???? I know that's a horrible comparison NOW, but do you see it??? ;)

CathyBB said...

P.S. You know what's missing... the McDonald's brochure picture! I thought that was SO cool. ;)

Stephanie Reeves said...

Now look at you back in the day with that precious Monday. You can't take him to the pound!

Anonymous said...

it's possible i took this picture. those were great times. r