Saturday, August 4, 2007

tagged...shmagged...

ok so i NEVER would normally do this, but my friend steph (who just gave me a kick-booty baby shower, see the post below for pics) tagged me....and since she is such a good friend i will participate. here are my fifty things, and yes i changed it to fifty, i am too pregnant to sit in a computer chair to type one hundred things!!
1. i have no idea where or how to start this list, and am afraid i will only come up with ten interesting things. but here it goes anyway...
2. if i never do anything ever again my life has been a success because i am vivian's mother.
3. clif is without a doubt one of the kindest people i have ever known, and i am BEYOND lucky he chose me for his wife.
4. i miss my mother DAILY. and even though people think that i deal with it "very well"...clif knows that sometimes i cry late at night...and he "pats" me.
5. i have had more jobs of varying kinds than any other person i know.
6. one job was the artist for university sporting goods, where i designed sorority\fraternity t-shirts for ole miss co-eds.
7. which leads me to divulge my excessive useless knowledge of screen printing. :)
8. another job was an epa consultant for truegreen chemlawn, where i was the only girl and there were thirty men. yuck.
9. and yet another was designing stationary for john grisham's (yes, the author) daughter.
10. and still another, was a student recruiter for ole miss.
11. my husband works nontraditional crazy hours...but i kind of like it (now that i have gotten used to it...which took me about four years).
12. he also makes the meanest pot roast you have ever eaten...yummmy!
13. bauer just stuck his foot in my rib cage...for about the seventeenth time in the last ten minutes.
14. i secretly love being pregnant....NOT! i do love feeling my babies wiggle around in my tummy though.
15. i am not at all nervous about c-section number two.
16. i am very nervous about having my rectus muscles tightened. eeeeeekk!
17. every time i go to the ob i stare at her ankles in amazement. they are the skinniest ankles of any woman alive.
18. i am secretly terrified of never loosing all this baby weight.
19. i am even more afraid of exercise nazi celeste and her plan to help me loose it. ;)
20. i am very happy to have a wonderful close knit circle of friends.
21. i am equally as happy to have reconnected with my yankee cousin cathy...who i KNOW is my long lost twin (me being the danny devito of the pair, of course.)
22. the dress i wore for my shower today still has the tags on it and i might take it back....
23. i once saw an eighty year old woman with a tattoo on her behind. if they had this picture posted in tattoo parlors there would be far less tattoos, i believe.
24. my air conditioner MUST be set on no higher than...68 AT ALL TIMES!!!
25. because of the above mentioned, vivian wears long sleeve pj's year round.
26. i worry incessantly about silly things i can't control.
27. i desperately wish that clif and i could find a church that fit our beliefs (both spiritual and political).
28. i love sitting in church next to granny b, and how she calls vivian "her baby" when she introduces her to friends. :)
29. i love the smell of clif after a shower.
30. when someone really laughs...that great belly laugh....it is the best sound in the world. vivian does it daily, and it makes me laugh too.
31. i am very blessed to have such supportive and kind in-laws...that take my flaws for what they are...make fun of them...and then except them lovingly. ie. my sailor suit fetish ;)
32. i made clif try on my maternity shorts last week for giggles...and THEY FIT!! not so funny...
33. clif and i have become completely obsessed with the crazy television show called man vs. wild. bear brylls (sp) is AMAZING, and a bit of a freak!
34. i am obsessed with all textiles and fabrics of any kinds (especially vintage).
35. i am incredibly grateful i took the time to learn to sew from my mother.
36. when i do sew i feel closer to her and it always makes me smile.
37. i still use her 1974 husqvarna vicking sewing machine. when it breaks (hopefully never) i will feel like another part of her has died. i know it is pathetic, but true.
38. i wish that i would find the courage to potty train vivian before bauer is born.
39. i am completely neurotic about closet organization.
40. the last book i read was the last installation of harry potter...and i was disappointed.
41. the last movie i saw was clifford the big red dog...and it was fantastic because it was vivian's first movie.
42. i still feel nauseated at night even though i am 37 weeks pregnant.
43. i want a third baby, but clif says "NONONO" and secretly i am afraid someday he might say "YES".
44. my dogs are sleeping in my antique 1960's chairs, and they think i don't know.
45. vivian is still sleeping in her big girl bed, and has yet to have any problems. i still keep waiting for her to freak out.
46. every single day i am amazed at vivian. she is so sweet and kind and loving. how did god decide that i should be so lucky to be her mother? it still boggles me.
47. vivian's new favorite thing to say it "i get choo mommy". hehheheee.
48. i thought when my mom died that the bond that we shared as best friends, mother daughter, and soul mates of sorts, could never again be equalled....i am happy to say i was wrong and i see that love in vivian's eyes.
49. i can't wait to watch clif hold his son for the first time.
50. i am so blessed to have friends and family that love and support me and my growing family that i don't even mind filling out silly "tagged" surveys. ;)
ok, so there you go...i tag cathy and susan.

2 comments:

Stephanie Reeves said...

I loved that! I learned several new things about you. So where are the pics of Clif in your maternity wardrobe? Too funny!

CathyBB said...

Aside from the fact that you tagged ME, ouch, I love it. =)

I SO wish you could have seen me when I read #14... she loves being pregnant????? My eyeballs nearly fell out. I'm sure it was the same face I made when Tommy told me I was only 5'8"!

Before I comment on EVERY SINGLE POINT, I will stop... but I DO have to say I'm INCREDIBLY honored to have been mentioned personally! =) You poor thing, being so like me... but it's so comforting to know there's another one out there!