Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the great thanksgiving debate

so as i was checking blogs this morning, i came across su's friend kat's great potato debate. and i couldn't help but wonder...who else has these great thanksgiving debates with their family members? the day-clark debate is the following: canned vs. fresh cranberries. su likes canned, i like fresh (we always have both). but is it like this everywhere? are there three different potato dishes on some thanksgiving tables? so place your vote folks...or tell about your family beef (literally or figuratively)...and have a happy happy thanksgiving!

oh, and on the food front...last night the doorbell rang as i was cutting vivian's apple...so she took matters into her own hands! who knew she could do that? ;)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am not picky about my food, I love it all, but my husband on the other hand is. Our family has all the traditional foods and we've cooked both kinds of cranberries (fresh this year, sorry Su). Charlie's getting used to eating his veggies! Ha ha.

CathyBB said...

It's a Thanksgiving miracle! Blogger is letting me on today! =)

As for your question though, you're kidding, right? With Darlene around there are no debates... she makes EVERYTHING she can to make everyone happy. We had both kinds of cranberries today, and both baked beans AND green bean casserole. She even bought special mustard for Christy's sister-in-law - the ONLY one who has EVER eaten this stuff! =)

The one possibly odd thing we do as a family though is that we mandate the inclusion of sauerkraut every year. I was 6 years old when I found out that sauerkraut doesn't go on EVERY family's Thanksgiving table... apparently only those with German-immigrant grandmothers. Who knew? =) Mom made sauerkraut and pork like Grandma B. today (in addition to the turkey, not instead of!) and I guarantee, if everyone could taste sauerkraut THAT good, it WOULD become a staple for your holiday feasts!

Hope you had a great day, Somer!

Unknown said...

I like both!!!!!
I'm not picky!
Your kiddos are too cute! Can you believe how fast time flies by??
Katherine is changing every day........it amazes me!