Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the zoo, again...


so what better way to test a new camera than an afternoon at the zoo? baby bauer is ready to go!

and so is miss vivian....she certainly does love those ponies!

"hey daddy, look...it's a monkey!"

and have any of you ever seen such crazy fish?! i should have taken a "cathy sizing" type picture. i promise the smallest one is at least ten inches!

everyone's favorite: the river otters.

the chimpanzees.

the daddy, vivian, and baby camel yearly photo op.

mommy's favorite, the giraffe.

a little family of day's.

a little family of gorillas. the weather was great, the family time was spectacular. so great, that everyone is now taking a nap before our dinner guests arrive! i plan on taking lots of house shots tonight (now that i have the hang of the camera)...so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Susan said...

What kind of camera is it? The pic of the chimp is amazing, lik eyou're on ground level with him. Good photography. Welcome back to the blog too, I've missed you!

John, Shannon, and Jackson: said...

These pics are awesome! I'm totally impressed with the new camera and the "Cathy" photo skills. ;)

CathyBB said...

(Did you notice I got through one comment without numbering???)

1. I'm liking this camera, too.

2. You've obviously quit the Rogaine and have found some uber-sneaky top-secret child-hair-growing treatment! Don't even try to deny it. YOU seem to be using a bit, too! ;)

3. I'm glad you didn't show the size of the fish. Koi freak me out. My kids love them but I think they are just CREEPY!

4. The only thing this zoo is missing is a Paper-Eating Lion!

5. Fabo bracelet!!!

jenny said...

Love the zoo pictures! I'm glad you guys are taking a break from all the moving and unpacking! Everyone seems to be having a great time. I didn't realize that the LR zoo had koi! Super cool! They're good luck to have at your house. Good feng shui. xoxo