Monday, August 25, 2008

the school "days"

what a face to wake up to on the first day of the school year!! even filled with boogers, that is one happy (and super cute) kiddo.

i'm afraid mr.bauer's sister, on the other hand, was a little more resistant to the end of her lazy summer days.

but alas, everyone was dressed and ready to go...(is this the "mom take the picture already" smile?)

wait...there is the real thing. sniff, sniff...how is this my tiny BABY?! he looks too big!!

miss vivian was so happy to see her buddy drew. don't they look big, too?

even little\big ben was in good spirits. look at him getting his groove on before class...
but, this is my favorite miss vivian shot of the day. when i asked her how her school day went, she said, "don't worry, mommy...it was good." :)

and so do you know what every big school girl does after a full day of learning? comes home to play outside and ride her bike, of course. ;)

we hope each of your school years are off to a great start!

9 comments:

The Buttrey Family said...

All of the kids look so CUTE and SO big!!! Glad you guys had a smooth start to the new year! Miss you, girl.

Susan said...

The neice and nephew are adorable as usual! Lucky you. We don't start til next Tues. I'M SO READY. So is Setler; he's bored with being home with me.

CathyBB said...

Congrats to both big kiddos! =)

The Walkers said...

I saw Miss Priss on the playground today at school and it was so sweet. I said "hey sweet pea!" and she ran right over and asked if she needed to come with me. I mean, I know we played together at the pool, but could you please have the "Don't walk away with strangers" discussion? ;) I am secretly hoping she will get to be one of my special friends in speech, but I am POSITIVE that she won't be. Also, am I hot stuff or what? I get to be the first link on your blog. I have arrived.

CathyBB said...

Hey, I forgot to ask, does Bauer have a super-cool nap mat like the cool Ikea set you made for Vivian?

jenny said...

yay for school! so fun! school here doesn't start until after labor day here, and i can already see the kiddos dragging their feet. hope their first days were wonderful. xo

Unknown said...

Cute! I love Bauer's "take this picture already" smile. I miss the first day of school... I know, I'm a dork. I hope you get to prop your feet up while they're at school, though I doubt you actually do ;)
love ya,
Cyn

Christy said...

It looks like a successful first day of school! Congratulations to everyone!

I swear that Bauer and Joel come from the same mold! Must be those big brown eyes!

Stacia said...

Precious kiddos! I love Vivian's dress..