Tuesday, November 25, 2008

finally....florida!!

the day's farm is really one of the prettiest places i know. i couldn't help but take a picture of their drive....


even the barn is pretty!!

after two days of travel we made it to mawmaw's house. the kids were very excited to see her...and the cows.

vivian even got to spend the night in mawmaw's bed that first night.

they are so cute!
then the next day we met jennifer (clif's cousin) and her little boy, nicholas at the beach.

he is such a sweet little boy. (the last time we were in florida, jenn and i were both pregnant! that is SO hard to believe.)
vivian was on a mission to get to the "ocean"...

but this was bauer's first time at the beach. as you can see he LOVED IT!
he especially like burying himself in the sand.
vivian really enjoyed finding seashells.
but trying to get a picture really didn't go all that well. ;)
the boys.

vivian with her name.
clif exploring how cold the "ocean" is in november.
my attempt to photograph the sea birds.
uh-oh....when clif and i were exploring, vivian buried her brother.
oh well, he didn't seem to mind!
after a fun filled afternoon at the beach, we decided to hit tt wentworth's children's museum. all three kids seems to like the canoe.

ok, so maybe nicholas liked the corn best. ;)

7 comments:

CathyBB said...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around your "it's 75 degrees" news, but love the photos. Vivian heading for the ocean is great!

And this may be a first, but I think Bauer TOTALLY looks like his daddy with that smile in the ninth picture. =)

You go girl - I just typed "in the ninth picture"!

katandkarl said...

awww. love that pic of ms. v headed down to the ocean. that girl is going places! :)

The Walkers said...

I actually love the beach pictures also! I wish I was at the beach right now!!! Happy Early Turkey Day!

CathyBB said...

Hey - forgot to tell you but when Natalie saw the picture of Vivian going toward the water she asked if her mother was watching her! That's my girl! =)

Amy Day said...

Silly Somer,

That is the Gulf not an ocean :) Glad y'all are enjoying Florida. Maybe we can get together again before you leave.

Amy

the day's said...

thank you, amy! BUT when you are a girl from the land-locked state of arkansas (and i am talking about vivian AND myself, here)...i am afraid to tell you that the gulf of mexico COUNTS!! ;)

Susan said...

Now, I'm really wishing I had made the 8 hour trek (10+ with Setler in tow). Mamaw's farm is definitely one of the prettiest places I've ever seen. The fact that it's kept that way by a 78 year old women pretty much single handed makes it that much more so! Of course, you know the place in my heart I hold for the beach. I forget how it's warm enough for short sleeves still in FL in Nov. Clif with a go-t. Doesn't look that bad! Of course, I'm prone to a man with facial hair...for at least the last 5ish years anyhow!