Sunday, May 16, 2010

the artist

when i was in college i very slowly began collecting art. it was pricey and i was poor, so when i say slowly, i mean slooooowwwwlly. ;) however, it inspired my love of original, unique art, and a dream i would some day fill my house with these beautiful pieces of work. in addition, i would always stroll through galleries and feel totally ready to go home and paint my own masterpiece! well...apparently the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...

this past weekend i took vivian to the arts center for a play, and afterward we made a quick trip through the museum. she was very interested, and asked lots of question. this weekend i needed to finish a few paintings myself, and vivian asked if she could have her own canvas....and this was the result!! (i did paint the blue background, but she did the rest completely by herself!) my favorite parts are how clif is holding frances and frances is holding a rattle AND, of course, the two purple balls...one for both her AND bauer. i must say, this is my finest acquisition yet!! :)

4 comments:

katandkarl said...

holy lord in heaven i love this. i also love that B is bigger than you. what a talented little arttteeeest.

CathyBB said...

I love the hairbows!!! =)

The Walkers said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That is amazing! Since I can barely draw a smiley face, I am very impressed! She comes by it honestly of course!!!

Susan said...

Vivian at age 4 is more artistically talented than Aunt Su at 29! I'm sending Setler, Daylee, and Hayes to your house for art lessons and craft time.