Wednesday, March 28, 2007

confession time...

ok, so as i have said before, confession is good for the soul right?! well, as most of you know i am not much of a sports fan (ha, i hardly know the names of teams except ole miss and arkansas)...but for some reason (i believe it to be hormonally induced) peyton manning has been in my dreams lately. the first time it happened it startled me so much i told clif. he said "what was he doing?" i said, "well, he asked me out to lunch." clif said, "that's weird." "yeah, it is!" i said. and that was that. the second time...clif said "what did he do now?" "took me to paris," i said. "you are losing it, somer" clif replied, and i agreed. then this morning i awoke and my husband was lovingly looking at me smiling...i looked back into his face, returning the smile....his smile faded. "you were dreaming about peyton! what did he do this time?" he said. a little startled i confessed..."he bought me a boat, and made a peanut butter and jelly picnic for us to take on the boat. then he held my hand and professed his love for me." now normally you would think that this would shake a man to his core...a 6'4" pro football legend like that professing undying love for his wife....clif bursts out laughing...and laughs and laughs and LAUGHS!!! "what is so funny?" i asked. "your idea of romance" he says. ok so maybe he has a point. ;)
photo courtesy of crazy yankee cousin cathy! you are the best!!!

2 comments:

CindySue said...

I think your idea of romance is 'delightful'! I LOVE the photograph, my sister does some seriously good work. Oh, and I LOVE blogs!

Susan said...

Pregnancy dreams are the best! We should totally keep a journal. Did I tell you about the one I had where Mary and I were signing up to work at Foxy's? Yeah, there was a poster board in the back room and you just sign your name and phone number, so we did. Side-note: I've never actually been in Foxy's so I don't even know if there is a "back room." There's more though...the dream turns fatal for a peeping Tom...yeah, wouldn't want a peeping top looking in the dressing rooms of the strippers while they don't have any clothes on...so much sence....