Monday, March 9, 2009

march 9th memories

per blog tradition, i try to post a previously unseen wedding photo...this is one of my favorites. (but i think i say that every year).

and beginning a new tradition, here are a few important wedding guests.

joan...she looked amazing that day, and i LOVE this picture of her and clif. it is due in great part to her that clif is such a good husband. not unlike his mother, he very rarely loses his cool, but when he has a strong opinion about something you know he means business. admittedly he has a hard time expressing his feelings, but when he does it is always genuine and true. and even though he works very hard, his family is always first in his heart. it is also because of joan that clif is kind, gentle, and has that amazing "cook" gene. it hasn't been until recently, having a son of my own that i realize how amazing a gift sharing your son truly is. thank you joan, for sharing yours with me.

and sweet grandad bauer, another man who was all heart. this is THE perfect shot of him. i can still hear him say "we love you shuuugar." he always said we....i guess it was just second nature after all those years with grandmother. what an example of how to be a loyal, loving spouse. he took care of grandmother (who was a diagnosed alzheimer's patient for over ten years) until her last breathe. but possibly my favorite memory, is when vivian was very little and crying in her bouncy seat. i was quickly rushing to get her a bottle, when all of a sudden she stopped. grandad had picked her up, and was quietly bouncing her and talking to her, saying those same words he had said to me for years, "we love you shuuugar". it was an awesome sight. so many memories on this wonderful day....

8 comments:

CathyBB said...

1. Darn good thing you gave me the "tears" warning. No one was ANYWHERE nearby when you called but now of course the place is hopping because the kitchen is across the hall from my office! Sigh, like you said - they already think I'm a little weird anyway, so nothing lost! ;)

2. The photo of you and Clif is FANTASTIC and not one I'VE seen before, so I'm so glad you posted it!

3. Just tears again for this point. =)

4. I totally and wholeheartedly concur with the assessment of your grandad! I SO remember him saying that to you, too! Even as a little kid I remember thinking that was SO COOL, how this big muscle-bound man just melted over his girls. This shot is priceless!

jenny said...

fantastic pictures and memories! happy happy anniversary!

Christy said...

Happy anniversary to you both! Your pictures are beautiful and I just love the one of you and your grandad. That is exactly how I remember him! And I can just hear him saying that! What wonderful memories. Have a great day!

Cilla Clark said...

Great pics. Again, happy 7th. May there be many, many more to celebrate.

melissa said...

Thank you for the sweet comments! I've been VERY behind in the blogger world...but all your pictures are great as usual! Your wedding pictures are beautiful. I hope you and your lovely family are doing well!

The Buttrey Family said...

Happy late anniversary, Somer and Clif!! Somer, you look beautiful!

Meagan Friedman said...

happy anniversary!!! ours is on the 13th - 5 years. time flies. hope you had a great day!!!!

katandkarl said...

beautiful post. beautiful bride.