Thursday, January 20, 2011

no-snow snow day

today, started off a bit rocky. the kids did NOT want to go school. i HAD to go work. the dogs were out of meds. the girls had their ent appointment. clif had a big meeting. AND we were told we were getting a BIG snow. grreaaaat! by 11 the snowfall began...as did the mad rush by half the city to tie up all loose ends. by the grace of god,we finished up and were home by three, and were greeted by this....

this is vivian's bed...and i love it. it was my mother's bed when she was a child, and piled with old quilts, books, and comfy pillows, i couldn't help but feel it was calling my name. so as the all too wet and cold snow fell rapidly outside...i found myself curled up warm and cozy with this guy.

i was so content and happy i wanted to capture the moment by taking his picture. he wasn't keen on the idea.

but....after a bit, he began to soften...

and then he melted (as did i, and all the snow).

and after a while this is what the bed looked like. i read, we talked, he read, we giggled.

and it turned out to be the best no-snow snow day EVER!!!

6 comments:

CathyBB said...

I told you I really needed a Day post - and this was perfect. Go hug him again. And again. =)

CathyBB said...

Now more disturbing is the fact that you have posted twice as many times as I have this month... there must be something UP with the universe, that's all I can say! =)

CathyBB said...

Now I have a new one especially for you. ;)

The Walkers said...

I heart you and your wonderful posts!!! And thanks for the Diet Dr Peppers! You always speak my love language.

The Anglin Family said...

I was a tad annoyed after the snow melted and they had cancelled snow in the middle of the day..lol.

Susan said...

Happy birthday, Papaw Day!