Wednesday, January 19, 2011

vivian-isms

i often wonder if my five year old is smarter than me...she certainly has her own way of thinking!!

the great v's religious philosophy:
v: mom, today in chapel we learned "trust in god".
me: that's GREAT vivian!!
v: yep, even when your scared...just trust in god.
me: you're right!! you can use that ANYTIME even when you aren't scared...
v: yep, or like when you are REALLY scared....like when you are riding a stinky camel.

on technological advances and time management:
as she waited patiently for me to finish nursing frances, so i could read her a bedtime story...she asked, "hey mom...don't you wish there was an app for that?! it could save you a lot of time, if there was an app for oobie feeding frances."

on rules and regulations:
me: what is the one rule of being a good mommy?
v: love your kids.
me: what is the one rule of being a good big sister?
v: make sure frances doesn't have any choking hazards.
me: what is the one rule for being a good kid?
v: don't say the word "shit".

lovely, eh?

2 comments:

CathyBB said...

"Don't you wish there was an app for that?" That's the kind of kid comment you need to SELL somewhere! I love it! =)

And I think her rules ARE lovely! =)

P.S. I thought that email meant posts... sneaky, sneaky...

Jill said...

That. is. hilarious.